Our vision is to provide compassionate support for individuals in need within the Boulder County community. The Buddhist Coalition for Bodhisattva Activity aspires to unite the diverse local Buddhist organizations with the inspiration of the Bodhisattva ideal. We hope to inspire many Buddhist groups as act as a coalition and become a recognized presence in Boulder County. It is our aim to integrate into Boulder County's resources and contribute energy in various forms to addressing existing social problems.
Our values are inspired by the Bodhisattva ideal of compassion, helping others, and recognizing the opportunities for awareness in all situations.
In the Buddhist tradition, a Bodhisattva is someone who recognizes the interdependence of all beings and is committed to serving others. When we come together as sangha (community), we share our wisdom and our strength. The Coalition is not exclusive. Individuals and groups may join who do not describe themselves as Buddhist, but who share these values and wish to participate in the partnership projects.
BCBA encourages volunteers to engage in their projects as an opportunity to integrate one's contemplative practice with service to the community.
BCBA views the volunteering experience as a rich opportunity for cultivating awareness and spiritual development !
Our mission is to foster partnerships between local social service agencies, groups, and individuals to engage in collaborative projects and the Bodhisattva activity of helping others.
• Volunteer Placement and Volunteer Support.
• Community Outreach and Volunteer Program Development for Sanghas.
• A coalition of organized sanghas focused to work on projects that support the local community.
• A supportive network to practice and discuss contemplative service.
Co-Create the Change You Wish to See in Your Community!
• Do you know there are over 45 Buddhist sanghas in Boulder County?
• As Buddhists we often discuss awareness, but what about our awareness of other Buddhist sanghas?
• Consider the potential of what the greater Buddhist Community of Boulder County can create if we work together?
• BCBA challenges you to reflect on this potential and to join us in serving others as a contemplative practice!
However innumerable sentient beings are, I vow to help them.
However inexhaustible the confusions are, I vow to extinguish them.
However immeasurable the dharmas are, I vow to master them
However incomparable enlightenment is, I vow to attain it.